We are Lake Oconee Lutheran Church, a people called by the grace of God to faith in Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit through the Gospel. That Word of God that gives us new life with Him is at the center of our gathering, our worshipping and our serving. The Word that gathers us also sends us out into the world of people around us to proclaim Jesus Christ, Redeemer and Lord.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is God’s true Word.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 20:31
- We believe in the Triune God — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 8:4, Matthew 28:19
- We believe that Jesus Christ is both God and man.
- John 1:1-2,14, 1 Timothy 2:5
- We believe that God created all things, including us.
- Genesis 1, Psalm 33:6,9
- We believe that because of sin, we are all under the penalty of eternal death.
- Romans 6:23, Leviticus 26:18
- We believe that on our own, we cannot save ourselves.
- Romans 6:15-25, Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 11:6
- We believe that Jesus lived, died, and rose from the dead that our sins may be forgiven.
- Galatians 4:4-5, John 3:16
- We believe that we will be resurrected to life after death, because of Jesus’ work.
- John 11:25-26, 1 Peter 1:3
- We believe that by the power of the Holy Spirit we are called to care for and serve others just as God cared for and served us.
- Galatians 5:13, John 14:15, Philippians 1:6
“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
1 Peter 3:15